Hilco Offers You the Three Most Important Attributes You Can Have in a High-Tech Inventory or M&E Appraisal.
>>>Click here to view or download High-Tech Practice Group Brochure
As the world’s only full-service appraiser with a high-technology specialty practice, Hilco offers a unique value perspective. In addition to expertise in valuing specialized assets, we are uniquely qualified to value assets ancillary to those categorized as “high-tech,” including M&E, inventory, real estate and intellectual property. Think of us as the only single-source appraiser for a complete portfolio of assets. Annually, we provide valuations involving:
• Semiconductor Manufacturing
• Audio/Video Equipment
• Printed Circuit Design and Production
• Telecommunications• Optics
• Test, Measurement and Inspection
• Electronic Controls and Components
• Nuclear Systems
• Computer and Office Equipment
• Aviation/Aerospace• Photographic Equipment
Within these and similar industries, Hilco has delivered more than 1,000 inventory, M&E, intangibles and real estate appraisals with asset values ranging from $100 thousand to $1 billion.
2. Validation Through Asset Disposition Capabilities
Hilco—a world leader in asset disposition services—knows high-tech asset values. Our disposition capabilities support the reliability of our appraisal numbers. We understand both the supply and demand sides of the high-tech sector based on real-time market data.
3. Meaningful Reporting and Timely Delivery
Our user-defined reports are based upon an understanding of each client’s specific needs, and are delivered on schedule to the client’s request.
Ed Zimmerlin Jr. is Senior Vice President and Inventory Group Leader. He helped form Hilco's industrial inventory appraisal group. Ed has worked directly on or supervised more than 5,000 inventory appraisals, including hundreds involving high-technology assets. Ed also works closely with Hilco's various liquidation groups, especially when they are involved with a Company for which Hilco has performed the valuation work. Before joining Hilco, Ed worked with Staples Corporation, Fidelity Capital and GE Lighting. Ed holds a bachelors degree in finance & accounting from Babson College in Wellesley, MA, and is an active member of the CFA and TMA.
Machinery and Equipment Specialists
High-technology M&E appraisals are conducted under the leadership of Steven Feldman, Nelson Thorpe and Marc Rabbow. They are experienced in valuing all types of machinery and equipment, including the assets found in semiconductor and printed circuit board production operations, test and measurement instrumentation manufacturers, healthcare equipment producers, high-tech distribution businesses and the like. Steve, Nelson and Marc are supported by a team of more than 30 M&E appraisal specialists plus analysts and writers. All of Hilco’s M&E appraisers maintain professional certifications with ASA, AMEA or EAANA and have passed USPAP course requirements.
As an added measure to assure our values reflect the realities of current market conditions, we draw on recent asset sale data provided by M&E disposition specialists at Hilco Industrial, led by Robert Levy and Steve Wolf. They have managed negotiated sales and auctions for many well-known technology companies including: Intel, NEC, Fairchild, Burroughs, Hewlett Packard, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Compaq, 3 COM, Micron Technology Agere Systems, Sanmina-SCI, Flextronics, Zilog and Telogy. To facilitate a free flow of data, Hilco Appraisal Services and Hilco Industrial have developed and integrated their information gathering and reporting systems.
Intangible asset valuations, including trademarks, trade names, patents, contracts and copyrights, as well as enterprise and FAS valuations, are provided by Hilco Enterprise Valuation Services, a Hilco Appraisal unit. The team leader, Jason Frank, has 10-plus years of experience in valuing intangible and tangible assets for M&A transactions.
Real Estate Specialists
Consider the time-saving benefits of coordinating real estate valuations with inventory and M&E appraisals. Todd Haney, MAI, and Hilco’s real estate appraisal group deliver nearly 500 valuations annually. They are experienced in valuing manufacturing and distribution facilities, office buildings, undeveloped land and leases.
Hilco’s “Added Value” Promise
1. Reliable gross and net, orderly and forced liquidation values with clear and accurate exit strategies based on decades of high-technology industry appraisal and disposition experience.
2. When realistic, modeling WIP conversion to finished goods, to maximize value.
3. User-defined appraisal reports, based upon your specific needs. Delivery of reports to promise date.
4. Recommendations on best practices for post-appraisal collateral monitoring to help recognize the early warning signs of declining values.
5. A designated “Point Person” on every engagement to assure proper management of communications, process execution, quality control and the availability of valuation experts to provide appraisal insights and perspectives, helping you get behind the numbers and make better business decisions.
ALL HILCO HIGH-TECH APPRAISALS ARE USPAP COMPLIANT